Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Eight Week Card Swap: Week 6


This week we were supposed to send some sort of a spring card with flowers or birds. I don't have any problem utilizing flowers so I wanted to try using a bird stamp from Rubber Stampede. I have had this stamp for about 6 years and never used it. My original intent was to stamp it onto a painted wooden plate, but I guess I never got around to doing it!


It is mostly monochromatic with an accent color. I used SU Groovy Guava and Purely Pomegranate. I also used Groovy Guava designer paper at the bottom. The other thing I did was to use a Spica glitter pen to draw over all the lines of the bird and branch to add a light spakle and I sprayed Gold Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist over the card. It is really hard to see the glitter pen or the glimmer mist even in the close-up picture. Anyway, you get the idea!


Thanks for looking and let me know what you think! Happy Spring to everyone...soon it will be summer!

No comments: