Friday, May 2, 2008

Eight Week Card Swap: Week 3




This week we need to use buttons on a card. I have tons of buttons, but I never really knew what to do with them. I bought packs and packs of them some years ago, and here they sit waiting to be used on something beautiful. After I started on the card, I realized that all my buttons did not go with my color theme, so I went and bought clear flat square buttons in 4 sizes by Tim Holtz. As you can see I didn't use those either! Aaaggghh! More buttons I don't need!! Do you have any suggestions on how to use buttons or links to great button cards? I think I'll need to paint my existing buttons since I don't like the colors anymore! (They are pale colors and jewel tones.)

I didn't even know where to start on this card and it shows that the buttons were one of the last thoughts on the card. I wanted them to blend in so I took some pale green buttons and colored them with my Manganese Blue Copic marker. It gives a mottled appearance, but I like it. Then I colored some hemp with the same marker and dabbed some crystal effects on top to hold the knot.


I really like the look of transparencies so I decided that the card would be a transparency pocket card. I just went with the flow to see what would happen.
The two pictures have completely different color casts so I guess that's Photoshop! (definitely NOT the person using Photoshop!-I think I need a little more practice... :) The second card shows part of the transparency pulled out from the pocket.

Supplies: 10x7 piece of transparency to fit an A7 envelope.

Paper: Creative Imaginations-Friendship Wash

Cardstock: SU! Ivory

Ink: Color Box Ice Blue and Prussian Blue Chalk, Staz-On Cotton White, SU! Not Quite Navy

Marker: Copic B34 Manganese Blue

Stamps: SU: Ephemera, The Art of Life, Sage Advice, Small Script

1 comment:

MaryJoy said...

An absolutely STUNNING card!!!!