Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day Card

This Mother's Day card was made with a 10" x 7" transparency sheet then scored and folded to make a 5x7 card. One thing I have found with transparencies is that your hands need to be really clean and free of lotions or oils because it's really easy to get "smudges" and finger prints on the transparency and they are hard to get off. There may be a trick to it that I just haven't figured out yet! I am also going to be experimenting with different transparency stock. The one I've been using has felt sort of "grainy". That may be a good thing when stamping directly onto the stock. The brand I've been using is Hammermill - 4 mil thickness. The next one I'll experiment with is 3M Write-On Transparency Film. It doesn't show the thickness on the box so hopefully it's strong enough to stand up for a day or two. If you have any preferences with your own transparency experience, please leave a comment or email me with your opinions. I'd really appreciate it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: SU Groovy Guava, SU Shimmery White
Designer Paper: The Paper Studio-Blush Double Floral
Stamp: Happy Mother's Day (All Year Cheer II) by SU, Love You Mom by Hampton Art Stamps
Ink: Brilliance-Rocket Red Gold
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Nestabilities

Thank you so much for looking! And Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!

1 comment:

Allie Gower said...

I love this, what an amazing card.

I use Clear Report Covers, they have an 8 mil thickness. We also got in some ULTRA thick acetate from Accucut - it's so expensive, but boy is it thick, and comes with a protective cover and seems to resist the smudgies.

Allie