Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Birthday Gift for Ruth

Ruth is a friend of mine and she and I share the same birthday. (And she lives across the street!) She likes to send out cards and notes so I decided to make something personalized for her birthday.
I had so much fun making these monogram card sets! They were super easy to make and the cutting of the cardstock is plain and simple. They are sort of like postcards in the sense that they don't have a flap like a regular card. On the backside of each card is another piece of white cardstock for extended writing. The paper ribbon goes around the whole card and then the monogram goes on top!

I made 3 sets with four cards in each set and each set was packaged in it's own clear box.


The card holder at the end is a modified magazine holder. Looking back now, I would have spent more time trying to perfect that since the cards didn't take much time at all.

And this is the birthday cake I made for myself! I can't eat chocolate anymore so I decided to make an Italian Creme Cake from a recipe that I found and I thought it turned out pretty nice! There's lots of coconut and chopped pecans in the cake and in the cream cheese frosting. Of course, I took some over to Ruth and her husband to enjoy and gave even more of the remainder away. We definitely don't need this much sugar sitting around our house! Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Allie Gower said...

Did we miss your BIRTHDAY? Happiest of Birthdays and MANY MANY more. Be sure and mention it next time you're in for a BIRTHDAY discount!

Allie