Thursday, October 2, 2008

COPIC Markers vs. Chalks


This is a study in Copic markers and chalk tablets. My next swap card has to be done in chalk. As you will see from the pictures, it's really difficult to lay down a lot of color with chalk tablets. It gives a very soft feel and is light in color. You will see a card sometime soon made from one of these 6 fall images.


The COPIC markers give you ALOT of VIBRANT colors. The colors I used were: YR00, YR65, Y21, Y12, G21, G28, G24, R08, RV11, RV14, E37 and E33
These lighter colored images are done in chalk. The chalk is very messy because you always have chalk dust that you have to blow off of your cardstock. You also need to be very careful because chalk smears and smudges! It really needs to be set with a fixitive or sometimes hairspray works.
I LOVE my COPIC markers and I'm going to stick with them! I also got the airbrush system on Sunday for my birthday so very soon I'll be experimenting with that! Thanks for looking at this study! Have a great day!








No comments: