Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Halloween Cards Using Masking and Other Techniques...

Well I knew I wanted to use these images, but I wasn't sure just how to make it all come together. I must have experimented with this for at least two WHOLE days before it finally hit me!

This yellow post it covers the moon area so I could spray the rest of the background with a blue color.

I stamped the images on white cardstock with black ink and versamark and used clear embossing powder. I let it cool down, then I colored the image with COPIC markers. After that was dry I colored over each colored area with a versamark pen and used embossing powder again. I did this so when I sprayed the background, the background color would not stick to my already colored goblins.



Each colored area had to be masked to protect it anyway, just in case there was a little bit of embossing powder missing.




This "cat in the moon" has a circle mask cut out around it so I could add the gold glow to the moon area.





This is how the final card turned out. The cat is sitting in the glow of the moon with a nice blue background. The punched out bat is flying around and the cute bird with a pumpkin basket is sitting in the tree created by the Cricut Expression. The tree and the punched fence were also colored using the airbrush system.


Angel

No comments: