Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Week 3 Swap - Die Cuts or Punches

Die Cuts and Punches can add a lot to your creations. One of my Christmas presents was a Cricut Expression machine, so I decided to use my new toy to make the die cuts for this particular card. I used the Plantin SchoolBook and Accent Essential Cartridges. There is a learning curve to this machine, as any, and I've still got a lot of learning to do!!


I used Bazzil Paper and Cardstock. The word "friend" has a shadow behind it and I think it makes the letters look nice. The butterflies (SU) were stamped with Versamark, and sprinkled with the Sparkle Sprinkle powder and cut out by hand. The stitched background on the greenish cardstock is also from Stampin Up. That background was also embossed with Sparkle Sprinkle embossing powder called Tequila Sunrise. I love the light reflections it leaves behind! I also used some brads and Stickles.


Joy used her nestabilities and cuttlebug embossing folder to create a neat background. I really like the colors of this card, they also remind me of some old time color combinations! She did a great job.

No comments: