Monday, January 26, 2009

Week 2 Swap - Gold Foil or Leafing

Foiling or leafing can be a lot of fun, * IF * you are a patient person! My experience has been that you need to have the right conditions. If it's too humid one day, one type of glue may not work. What works one day, doesn't work the next!



On my card I used foil that is on a wide sheet. I can't tell you the name, because I've had it so long and out of the package that one can only guess who made it. HOWEVER, I really enjoyed this technique, and I will probably find a supplier that I like and use it regularly. The glue that I used was the Essential Glue Pad by Tsukineko. I also found that I needed to rub the foil with my bone folder after I laid it down onto the sticky surface. Hopefully you can see the whole rubberstamped image was foiled. Then I colored it in with my COPIC markers: R22, V17, RV19, YR65, YR00, B00, BV00.




Joy did a lot of detail cutting on the card she sent me. Those pink and white flowers (not the 3D flower petals) were all cut out of a fabulous paper by hand. I think I remember her saying the gold leaf butterflies were stamped with the Essential Glue Pad also. She also used her heart nestabilities.




If you have any recommendations on foil or leafing that you absolutely love, please email me! I'd like to get some recommendations before I make a big purchase!

No comments: