Friday, January 23, 2009

Week 1 Swap - Dark Colors

Here I go again, getting involved in more swaps! This is a really good way to work on perfecting my skills and a really good way to get neat art from some one else!



This first swap is to make a card using dark colors. I had a really hard time with this one. I love dark colors, but it's really difficult coming up with ideas. I decided to use artichoke colors for my "dark" color and then go lighter from there. My swap partner, Joy, loves anything French and birds and owls so I decided to use a couple of those things on her card.


The card she sent me is awesome. She definitely knew how to make a "dark" card. She stamped with pigment ink and used gold embossing powder. Then she painted the embossed area with twinkling H2O's. It was really difficult to get a good picture. If you haven't used twinkling H2O's, they shimmer when they are dry. And the flowers are cut out and popped! It's a very beautiful card.




I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: