Thursday, April 10, 2008

Transparency Birthday Card

This card idea came from Nichole Heady's blog that I love to visit frequently. Papertrey Ink has beautiful products so check those out also. She gives the directions on how to create this style of card! You can see her fabulous creations at: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2008/03/page/2/
This birthday card is for my husband's birthday. He's fairly busy at work, so I'm pretty sure he won't visit my blog this week! I started off by cutting the transparency and cutting the white cardstock and then put patterned paper over the front of the white cs and inside the white cs. The transparency folds over on the left where the brads are. It forms a lip to tuck the top page of the trans under to secure it.














This second pic shows the card in the open position and you can see the front of the transparency over to the right. I didn't trim the edge that fits under the lip at the brads until I was completely done so I knew I had enough to "catch" under the lip.


The back shows white cardstock and the brads are hidden. I didn't want to be able to see them on the back side.
Picture number 4 shows the front. I placed this initial greeting on the top of the trans and then put cs on the back in the same size to hide the glue. I think it turned out pretty good. Then the birthday greeting is on the inside where the other patterned paper is located. (Picture #5)

Details: Stamps: God's Blessings, Frames with a Flourish by Stampin Up; Cardstock: Basic Grey-Color Me Silly, Stampin Up Whisper White, Marker: SU! Elegant Eggplant; Ink: SU! Cool Caribbean, Spellbinders Nestabilities; Brads: SU!
Thank you for looking!

No comments: