Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Celebration!!


Our family is celebrating a wedding this weekend. Our nephew Matt and his new wife, Natalie are having a reception this Saturday. I decided to make a HUGE card. I say huge because it is an A-9 card which is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" folded! That is really huge compared to my normal A-2 cards. I have to say though, I really love making big cards! You can fit so much more onto a larger card and things don't feel so crammed up. I love how this turned out and I'm sure they will like it too.
We haven't been back to Colorado for quite a while and are really looking forward to seeing both sides of the family! And yes when you look at the circle under the "M" I erased their last name...for personal reasons. I didn't want you to think I really goofed up or something!!??
Details:
Cardstock: SU Whisper White, Basic Black, and regular red textured cardstock
Ink: Brilliance
Stamps: Stampin Up, Justrite Monogram Stamper
Designer Paper: American Crafts, Elegant Masquerade
Other: SU jewel brads and Spellbinders Nestabilities
Have a great weekend!
NOTE: The background paper is one piece cut from a 12x12 piece of paper and the red cuttlebug embossed paper is one piece also. The band is a single stamp that I used a stamp positioner on to make the band. The inside pattern paper is left over pieces of the front paper. This is important for consistency!

2 comments:

Alexis Uhrich said...

Looks GREAT! Good job. :)

Allie Gower said...

Wow, that IS a big card, and I bet it WAS a lot of fun to decorate. Of course, you did a FANTASTIC job... Do you have to attach two papers together? Is there a tutorial?

I am loving looking through all of your BEAUTIFUL projects.

Allie