Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Desktop Organization

My desktop has so many glass jars that hold things like pencils, cutting instruments, pens, scissors, sanding files, etc. I have 3 glass jars and one cardboard box to hold all of that stuff! I decided to buy this wooden desktop organizer from Hobby Lobby with a spinner style lazy-susan on the bottom to get my desktop a little more organized. It was really inexpensive and it was on sale for 50% off! That's a bargain!


I painted it with Galleria Titanium White Acrylic paint and then cut up some Melissa Frances cardstock to decoupage over the top of the paint after it was dry. For the glue I used Liquitex Matte Medium. I made sure I did a couple of coats over the top of the paper to protect it too. I know that it's going to get A LOT of use. Oh! I also put cardstock in the bottom to protect it from the ink from the pens...that's probably not necessary, but I started off keeping it looking clean even on the inside!
















This is the finished product with a Melissa Frances Vintage Keyhole embellishment glued to each side of the organizer. Now I have WAY more space on my desk! It's a good feeling to be organized!
Hope you are having a great week!
Angel

No comments: