Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Large Dry-Erase Frame


I had the idea to make one of these for my kitchen. I'm always writing notes and have a million post it notes stuck around the kitchen reminding me to do this or that. I think this will cure my paper clutter!
I used a 20x9 shadow box frame from Michaels.
I knew I wanted to use a picture of my girls somewhere in the frame so I cut their picture out with my Wizard machine. I used the curved rectangles for the picture and the mat, then I used the mystic font and the flower creations set. I also used the Quickutz-Flourish for the added swirls.










The backside of the picture, "today" and "this week" have slices of pipe insulation cut to hold these mats in place. I glued them to the back of each. The frame comes with some black velcro to hold your items in the shadow box. I cut thin slices of the velcro and attached the sticky side to the pipe insulation so it would hold onto the back of the shadow box. (It is a fuzzy fabric that velcro will stick to.) I wanted to try to achieve some depth in the frame, that's why I chose the shadow box.

















This paper is by Luxe and it's called "color me happy". Of course I used my COPICS to add all this color! I used BG32, BG13, BG10, B24, B34, B32, C3.
The other paper is Fance Pants Designs-Spelling.
I attached this paper with double stick tape in small amounts to the black fuzzy fabric.






This is the left side and the right side in an up-close shot to see the detail.

Below you see the whole thing. And the last picture shows that I added some Black Rhinestones from Kaiser Scrapbook. Oops! I noticed a scratch that I need to take care of with some black marker or paint!!
The other embellishments that I used were:
Stickles: Turquoise and Eucalyptus
Robins Nes: Water drops













I also used a different way to upload my pictures, it was quicker on the upload time which was very nice. How do they look when you view them on-line? Please let me know if it turned out well, or if I should go back to the old way. These were saved for web which takes a lot less megabytes, but maybe the quality of the picture suffered??
p.s. I did put some of those blue flat glass stones in the bottom of the frame..

No comments: