Friday, June 12, 2009

Design Project: White Creative Imaginations Frame

It's been a short while since I've posted, and I must confess that wedding planning has gotten in the way of my creative time! My youngest daughter is getting married in 5 weeks!

We had her wedding shower last weekend. It was so much fun and lasted for about 3 1/2 hours. I was exhaused at the end of the day, BUT, there was no time for sleep...because it was time to be off to a bachelorette party! We went down to the river and had more food and listened to music. It was a lot of fun, but I am definitely playing catch-up on my sleep. I could not have done all the prep work for the shower if it wasn't for my oldest daughter that flew in from CO to help with the festivities! I have two great girls! Thank you both for being wonderful children!!

Now on to the design project! This creative imaginations frame is 12 x 12 and was white before I started putting my mark on it. The area where you insert your photo is on the side.
I taped off the horizontal sections with painters tape. BEFORE I put it on to the frame I took a little of the stickiness off by wrapping it on my arm. This frame is made with paper/cardstock. Although I did take some stickiness off, I too hastily ripped a piece of tape off and it took some paper with it. You definitely want to take the tape off slowly and carefully. You can still paint over it, but it may be a little bumpy.
I painted the frame with Claudine Helmuth Studio paints and, of course, you can get these from Croppinsville. The salmon color was made by mixing equal amounts of yellow and red together. The other colors were right out of the jar. These paints are heavily pigmented and a little goes a long way since they are very thick. Definitely mix a little water in with the paint when you use it. Maybe you could add a paint extender also. Some of my brushes retained a little color from the paints. The paint washed out, but a little color remained...maybe I have cheap brushes!


This is the finished project. The word "imagine" is chipboard lettering that is from Croppinsville, and it has Tattered Angels glimmer mist sprayed on the top of it. The flourishes on the sides and the black border underneath "imagine" was created with Bazzill cardstock on my Cricut machine with the Accent Essential cartridge and Cricut Design Studio.
The Tim Holtz Idea-ology charms have Graphic 45 paper adhered to the back and black buttons with twine laced through; then the buttons are glued to the top of each charm. I love the Graphic 45 paper line! You can also get this and the charms at Croppinsville. I also used Dimensional Pearls on the flourishes and Dew Drops on the border.
My previous "design projects" were not labeled and hopefully I can track them a little better from now on!
Have a great weekend and thanks for checking in!

Angel

No comments: