Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wedding Card

I really wanted to use a color of cardstock that isn't something I usually reach for. You know we all have colors that we prefer to work with and this Stampin Up color called Orchid Opulence is one that has been waiting to be used since I have so much of it left!!

I started off with this color for the card and matting under the stamped image. The mat next to the card itself is a irridescent vellum that has been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder (Divine Swirls). I used Whisper White to stamp the images outside and inside with Brilliance Graphite Black ink. The ribbon is SU whisper white but colored with the Orchid Opulence SU marker. Then it is topped with a thinner white ribbon.
The inside was stamped on Whisper White with a purple ink and embossed with clear powder. Then I traced the lines and colored the hearts with Copic markers: RV19, BV00, C3, C1 and used the blender 0. I also made squiggles on the front with a ZIG metallic writer and used it too on the wedding rings to add some shine. On top of all of that I used a clear spica glitter pen to add a little sparkle.
I got the best picture using a flash on my camera, but the colors don't look as good in the pictures as they do in person. I hope you like it anyway!! Thanks again for checking out my blog!
Stamps:
Front: Great Impressions
Inside: SU Soft Swirls background, SU God's Blessings

1 comment:

MaryJoy said...

Gorgeous! Would love to have seen that one in person!